Stairway to... Heaven??

Here I am again!

First of all, thank you all (almost 20 persons) for reading my lat post. It was a record!

Let's talk about what you may find here if you come without speaking English. Lot of people imagine that it's easy. Well, and it is, indeed... I mean, you do can live in London without saying a word in English. That's totally true. There are so many Brazilians, and they (we) help so hardly each other (on how to find a home, what you have to do to move around the city, how to find a job, specially) that all you have to know is how to get some food. I have friends whose live here for more than 5 years and all they are able to speak is "Hi, how're doing?".

The problem is that if you do that you'll never grow up. You will be cleaner for the rest of your life. And when somebody says you can learn at work, forget it! People here speak English so badly that it makes me feel like a native English guy. Which is terrible! I just can't speak English yet! And everybody says "Oh, your English is pretty good". Come on!!!! Do you, my dear reader, really think that? I don't!

When I came here I thought: "It can't be so hard. I'll do the waiter and that's it, right?". Right?? Waiter?????? Have you ever tried to manage a (tray)??? It's impossible for me, OK? Once I did a trial shift in a restaurant at Leicester Square. Oh my God... That day certainly was the worst of my life! Have you ever realised that waiters and runners work wearing shoes? They work 10 hours a day wearing shoes! How is it possible? OK... As soon as I arrived, the manager told me that one guy would "teach me all the stuffs". "OK, it can't be so difficult" I thought. Teach me? Sure... "your job is set up the tables as soon as the costumers leave them and delivery the plates and the drinks. Simple like that". After a while, seeing I was completely lost, he asked me how many plates I could take. "2!!!", I said to myself. Than, he started to take about 6 plates... "can you do that?". I answered I probably could. Now I ask my self: why???? Why didn't I just run away from that?? Of course I couldn't! I've never tried that before!

He said to me I should practice when I wasn't busy... WHEN??? 6 hours running, my dear...
When I realised I definitely couldn't, I went for the drink section. Again: WHY???? After 5 times I went to the tables, I was still doing it like I was Parkinson! And at the 6th time I drop (tray)!! ON THE COSTUMERS!!!

So.. Stairway to Heaven? I don't think so...

There's more, but I think perhaps it's enough for now.

See ya!!

PS: I'm still waiting for your comments!!

Um comentário:

Mari disse...

hahaha que triste xuxu!!! E vc ta trabalhando onde no final das contas?
Saudades! Bjs!

Postar um comentário